This month: Scottish Black Writers Group live and in person!
Scottish Black Writers Group is a writers group facilitated by Titilayo Farukuoye. It is a monthly event open to writers across the UK and Ireland who are Black/from the African diaspora, including people of mixed heritage.
Scottish Black Writers Group is a space to meet, chat, network and talk about the writing life – writers both published and unpublished are welcome to join us.
This month: SBWG live and in person!
For May’s Scottish Black Writer’s Group Dean Atta has invited us to join his writer’s talk which he is headlining with along side Janette Ayachi and Kayo Chingonyi – two other brilliant Black British Writers. This event runs from 6:30-7:30pm.
Kayo Chingonyi, who is bringing the poets together at Mitchell Library for the Aye Write Festival describes the group of poets as “his dream mixtape featuring a cross-generational span of well-known and new poets extending and inhabiting the spirits of the ancestors”.
Please find out more about the event here:
We are extremely excited to bring Scottish Black Writers together in person! Please book your ticket through SBWN – this allows us to ensure we maintain our visions for access. Please be in touch if you require childcare or travel support and/or if you are on a low income/low waged. If you would like to join from outside Scotland, please look forward to our June event! Unfortunately we cannot fund travel from outside of Scotland.
Before participating in this event, please note the following:
- Registration is Pay What You Can or free.
- All events are suitable for people 18+ years.
- This event takes place in person; unfortunately, there is no streaming/online option available.
- We hope to offer a small budget to help cover travel/childcare costs – please contact us for details.
- Please add any access requirements to the registration form.
- All SBWN events will adhere to our safer spaces policy. You can learn more about our policy here.