Our Scottish Black Writers Group is back for 2022!
Scottish Black Writers Group is a free writers group facilitated by Titilayo Farukuoye. It is open to writers across the UK and Ireland who are Black/from the African diaspora, including people of mixed heritage.
Scottish Black Writers Group is a space to meet, chat, network and talk about the writing life – writers both published and unpublished are welcome to join us.
Book now on Eventbrite
In 2022 Black Writers Group will kick off by coming together to envision and embed care in our community and writing practices.
Together we will be considering the process of care for our self, us as a community of Black writers, and how we want to make space and come together as Black Writers Group in the year 2022.
Please be mindful when booking. The Scottish Black Writers Group is for writers based across the UK and Ireland who are Black/from the African diaspora, including people of mixed heritage.
- All events are free.
- All events are suitable for people 18+ years.
- Events are hosted online using Zoom (instructions will be sent 2 days before each event or can be accessed via the Eventbrite Online Event page).
- To participate you will need an internet/wi-fi connection and a desktop or mobile device to join by audio and/or video.
- BSL interpretation/captioning/audio description provided on request during registration.
- Events over 2 hours long will have a comfort break in the middle. You may mute your mic/switch off video or take a break at any time.
- Please add any access requirements to the registration form.
- All SBWN events will adhere to our safer spaces policy. You can learn more about our policy here.