QTIPOC Writers Group is a new writers group which is free thanks to funding from Consortium’s LGBT Intersections Funds. This event is monthly and open to queer writers of colour in Scotland. The sessions will be hosted by a different queer creative of colour each month, where the group will discuss and creatively respond to a short piece of media produced by QTIPOC.
This group is a relaxed, supportive space where queer writers of colour can celebrate the work of other QTIPOC artists while using it to inspire their own creative practice.
Please be mindful when booking. This event is for writers based in or from Scotland who are Black/from the African diaspora, Brown, Asian, or identify as People of Colour, including people of mixed heritage.
Essential items include: access to the internet, and something to write with or on, plus camera and/or mic (you may keep these off if you wish).
- All events are free.
- All events are suitable for people 18+ years.
- Events are hosted online using Zoom (instructions will be sent 2 days before each event or can be accessed via the Eventbrite Online Event page).
- To participate you will need an internet/wi-fi connection, a desktop or mobile device to join by audio and/or video and writing materials/device.
- Automatic live captions and transcripts are provided via Otter.ai. Please add your access requirements during registration (for example BSL/in-person captioner) and we’ll do our best to provide.
- You may mute your mic/switch off video or take a break at any time.
- All SBWN events and participants will adhere to our safer spaces policy. You can learn more about our Safer Spaces policy here.
Myla is a multi-disciplinary artist, writer and performer working and living in Scotland. They have worked extensively with Queer Heritage Forum, as well as having work recently published with 10:10 Press and Scottish BAME Network. Currently Myla is setting up UrbanGullsPress – a press dedicated to supporting minorities in publishing.