QTIPOC Writers Group is a new, free writers group for QTIPOC based in Scotland.
The group will initially run monthly for three sessions and will be hosted by a different QTIPOC creative each month. In each session, the group will discuss and creatively respond to a short piece of media produced by QTIPOC.
This group is a relaxed, supportive space where queer writers of colour can celebrate the work of other QTIPOC artists while using it to inspire their own creative practice.
Please be mindful when booking. This event is for writers based in or from Scotland who are Black/from the African diaspora, Brown, Asian, or identify as People of Colour, including people of mixed heritage.
Essential items include: access to the internet, and something to write with or on, plus camera and/or mic (you may keep these off if you wish).
- All events are free.
- All events are suitable for people 18+ years.
- Events are hosted online using Zoom (instructions will be sent 2 days before each event or can be accessed via the Eventbrite Online Event page).
- To participate you will need an internet/wi-fi connection, a desktop or mobile device to join by audio and/or video and writing materials/device.
- Automatic live captions and transcripts are provided via Otter.ai. Please add your access requirements during registration (for example BSL/in-person captioner) and we’ll do our best to provide.
- You may mute your mic/switch off video or take a break at any time.
- All SBWN events and participants will adhere to our safer spaces policy. You can learn more about our Safer Spaces policy here.
Sanjay Lago is a Scottish Indian Actor, Writer and Facilitator. A current member of the Soho Theatre Writers’ Lab, his practice consists of autobiographical and devising theatre. He has experience of working in different communities and with various theatre companies. He has also had writing published in zines and online blogs.